The following language outlines permitted use of this and other Colorado School of Mine Alumni Association websites. If you have any questions about this policy, or find anything unclear in this document, please ask.
Contact information can be obtained by clicking the "About Us" tab on this page.
Colorado School of Mines Alumni Association Social Media Policy
Online community pages or forums exist to facilitate communication both among individual members of the Mines alumni community and between the alumni community and the CSMAA for personal or CSMAA-‐related purposes. All alumni information is strictly reserved for use by individual alumni and CSMAA for personal and CSMAA-‐related purposes only.
I. Policy and Guidelines for Proper Use
To safeguard the operation of MinesAlumni.com or CSMAA pages managed on LinkedIn, Facebook or other social media, CSMAA has adopted some basic policies to govern proper use and conduct, particularly conduct that occurs in an online environment. Users must abide by the following specific policies:
A. You may download or copy any downloadable materials displayed on MinesAlumni.com for home, noncommercial and personal use only; provided, however, that you maintain all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material and you agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any material accessed through MinesAlumni.com. Unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, uploading, downloading, posting, transmitting or duplicating of any of the material is prohibited.
B. Information available through MinesAlumni.com may be used for personal and CSMAA-‐approved purposes only. Use of information or communications available through MinesAlumni.com for any commercial, public or political purposes is strictly prohibited. Prohibited activities include but are not limited to: (1) activities that are illegal or fraudulent; (2) use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval or sponsorship by CSMAA (or any individual officer, employee or agent of CSMAA); (3) use that can be confused with official communications of CSMAA, its officers, employees or volunteers; (4) print or electronic mass mailings (sometimes known as "spamming"), solicitations for commercial services or cold-‐calling.
Posting of obscene or vulgar materials or use of obscene or vulgar language, or use of abusive, defamatory, profane or threatening language of any kind, will constitute a violation of these policies. Determination of whether specific postings violate these policies shall be at the sole discretion of CSMAA. Users shall also not upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish any materials containing a virus or any other harmful component. CSMAA may deny further access to these services to those who engage in these or similar practices.
C. User accounts may not be shared, transferred or sold to other parties, nor are they to be used by or made available to any person or entity except the registered user. Additionally, users shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from enjoying any service on MinesAlumni.com.
D. CSMAA is not responsible for screening communications in advance. CSMAA cannot and will not routinely monitor the use of the MinesAlumni.com community or CSMAA-‐managed social media pages. However, CSMAA reserves the right to reorganize or delete any postings or add and remove message board topics. Users may report any abuses or misuse of MinesAlumni.com or CSMAA-‐managed social media pages by contacting email@example.com. CSMAA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to expel a user and deny further access to MinesAlumni.com or CSMAA-‐managed social media pages.
II. Liability and Indemnity
The reliability of the information available through MinesAlumni.com or CSMAA-‐managed social media pages is dependent upon the actions of its users. CSMAA makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of this information.
Please note that CSMAA may revise these policies and your continued use of the site constitutes your agreement to comply with such modifications. You should review the policies periodically to ensure that you are familiar with them.
CSMAA expects users to exhibit the same level of respect for others in these forums as in any other CSMAA-‐related venue (such as at a reunion event on campus or at a section event).
CSMAA may deny access to MinesAlumni.com or CSMAA-‐managed social media pages to any individual at any time. Participation is a privilege.
CSMAA cannot and will not review every comment posted on the site, and is not responsible for the content of the posts. CSMAA reserves the right to delete, move or edit comments that it deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable. CSMAA reserves the right to cancel a user's account; we reserve the right to ban any individual from further participation in the future.
You acknowledge that any submissions you make to MinesAlumni.com or CSMAA-‐managed social media pages may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted and displayed by CSMAA. By posting a comment, you are consenting to its display on the site and for related online and offline promotional uses.
Online Code of Conduct:
• Be courteous. Do not: threaten or verbally abuse other users; use obscene, profane or defamatory language; post sexual innuendo; or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or spam.
• Use respectful language. Do not use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, region, disability or any other grounds. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate suspension of commenting privileges.
• Debate, but don't attack. CSMAA encourages active discussion and welcomes debate and differences of opinion. However, personal attacks and harassment are a direct violation of this agreement and are grounds for immediate suspension of your commenting privileges.
• Your comments must be truthful. You may not impersonate or represent that you are any other person, whether real or invented, or imply any connection with any person or organization with which you are not in fact associated.
• Do not post inappropriate material. You cannot post, distribute, or publish any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise illegal material.
• Do not post commercial material. You cannot distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds.
• You are solely responsible for the content of your messages. You cannot knowingly post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and you must remove the same should you discover that you have violated this provision. Likewise, you cannot post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a person's right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate.
• Report others. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any violation of this Code of Conduct is grounds for immediate suspension from commenting privileges. We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from MinesAlumni.com or CSMAA-‐ managed social media pages, including without limitation, if it violates the above rules.